Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm a Booger......I mean Goober.

I told you I was HTML illiterate. I figured out why I couldn't get the background color under the text to change colors. It's because the text is on top of the entire background. When you scroll down I thought the center part of the page was moving too, but cleverly discoverd today that the background doesn't move at all, just the text. I solved my problem by choosing a different background. Still not sure it looks how I envisioned, but it will have to do for now since I'm tired of searching through backgrounds. Anyway, slowly but surely I'm getting things figured out.

Tonight we have AWANA. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a club for kids ages 3 through senior in high school that teaches scripture memory. Our AWANA club meets every Wednesday night during the school year. Everyone arrives and meets together for pledges and the AWANA song. Then the kids all go off to their classes where they have study time and then they say their scripture to their leader. The kids all have handbooks they go through during the year. They also have uniforms (a vest or shirt depending on what age group). Savannah and Amaris wear a vest. They earn patches, pins, and things for their vest as they learn their scriptures. They also have game time, snack, and a devotion. At the end of every meeting they have award time where the kids get their patches or whatever they have earned.

They also earn "AWANA BUCKS" during the year by memorizing scripture, wearing their uniform, bringing their Bible and handbook, and participating in the theme for the night (crazy hair night, egyptian night, western night, purple night etc.). Twice a year they have an AWANA Store and the kids get to "buy" things with their AWNANA bucks. It's a lot of fun and the girls always come home with TONS of stuff!

Savannah and Amaris really enjoy AWANA. This is their third year. They started out as Cubbies and now the are both in the Sparks class. There is also a Puggles class for 2-3 year olds. Andy and I teach that class. Jadon LOVES it. He always makes sure to wear his Puggles shirt. At that age they don't memorize scripture, but we have a little Bible lesson for them. We have four boys in our class - all age 3. They really don't sit still for much, so we do their lesson during snack time. That's the only time they will sit still and quiet. :) FYI - a puggle is a baby platypus!

If it sounds like something you want to check out for your own kids go to www.awana.org, click on about us, and then find Awana near you. I think it is only at Baptist church's, but anyone can join AWANA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0