Monday, August 17, 2009

So much to do!

Well, we are supposed to start school on Monday, and I have so much to do to get ready. We are all really excited to get started though. I love teaching the kids and they are such great students. So far they all seem to have a love for learning which is so awesome. Today when I told Jadon I was taking him and Bethany to the Library he said, "Yay, the library." Then at one point while he was waiting for us to checkout he spontaneously went over to Bethany and gave her a kiss and then me a kiss. Then Bethany gave me a kiss. They are so cute and sweet. Oh, and Jadon had to check out the Arthur book about underwear. Not sure what the storyline is, but Jadon thought it was so funny that the cover showed Arthur wearing underwear and no pants. He immediately snatched the book up and claimed it as his. :)

Savannah and Amaris are staying the night at my parents house in their new camper. They already stayed last night in it with Jadon too. They all had a great time and actually went to sleep with no problem. In September we are all going to go on a real campout in Bastrop. That should be fun. My parents bought all the kids little fishing poles and they practiced with them last night in the little swimming pool in my parents backyard. They thought that was pretty fun. They made a good habit of getting tangled up with one another or in a tree though. I can only imagine what real fishing will be like.

On Saturday Andy had the idea to go to Cabela's in Buda. For us, that's about as spontaneously exciting as it gets. We all had a really good time and enjoyed doing something different. The kids had a blast seeing all the different animals and getting to shoot guns at the little arcade shooting range. Now Jadon really wants a toy rifle. He's so funny. After we got home I asked him what his favorite animal he saw was and he answered, "The dog with the missing leg." Ok, not what I meant. We had gone to the Farm Supply store in Georgetown and they had a dog there and it was missing one of its back legs. I guess he thought that was pretty neat. He is so completely boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0