Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't you just love it.....

when God reveals something to you about himself in a new way. I know that God will and does meet my every need...Philippians 4:19 (King James Version) "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus", but sometimes as I get wrapped up in the busyness of life I forget that truth.

Well, everyday I get an email from KLOVE (the radio station) with the verse of the day. Today's verse was Revelation 3:20, which is a verse I've known since a child. As I was reading it, it spoke to me in a way it hasn't before.

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends." What this verse is referring to is how Jesus wants to be a part of our life (I stand at the door and knock) and if we will ask Jesus into our heart (open the door) then He will come in. And not only will He come in, but when he does "we will share a meal together as friends." That was so neat to me.

Think about it. When we eat a meal, the nutritonal needs of our bodies are being met. And what is it like to share a meal with friends?.......fun, entertaining, full of good laughs, shared hearts, etc. Well, when we ask Jesus into our hearts, not only does he come in, but he is there to meet our needs physically, emotionally, spiritually and be there for us no matter what the situation. How awesome!

Something I already knew, but thank you Lord for reminding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0